Bawku-bound Metro Mass bus bursts into flames – 3news


The driver and passengers had been helpless as there was no fire extinguisher in the bus

A entirely loaded -bound Mass bus from Kumasi went up in flames Saturday morning at Kobore in close proximity to the White Volta in the Higher East Region, forcing the driver to pull around for passengers to be evacuated.

Thick smoke was explained to have very first emanated from the bus just after overtaking another vehicle just before it bursts into flames soon just after all the visibly shaken travellers had been evacuated from the bus.

The passengers escaped unhurt but nearly all their possessions were being burnt to ashes.

This is what was left of the bus immediately after the fire

It is unclear what could possibly have activated the fire but the driver mentioned he suspects electrical fault.

The driver, his conductor and the travellers seemed on helplessly as they waited for hearth personnel from Zebilla since there was no fire extinguisher on the bus.

Apart from the metallic components of the bus and the tyres, all other areas ended up wrecked in the inferno.

Registered GE 8303-12, the bus was just about 10 minutes to its last desired destination when the inferno swept as a result of the bus Saturday early morning.

An eyewitness Awini Abugri explained to .com that the bus overtook a car or truck he was travelling in on the street and just several metres soon after, smoke engulfed the bus forcing the driver to immediately pull about to find out what was taking place.

The smoke, he reported was detected in the motor place but they could not do just about anything to avoid hearth as there was no fireplace extinguisher.

A distress simply call was put to the Ghana Countrywide Fireplace Services at Zebilla following many tries to get fire staff from Zebilla which was nearer to the scene, was unsuccessful.

Chief of the Zebilla fire personnel, George Akanvoe instructed 3information.com that he instantly mobilized his gentlemen and moved to the scene of the incident to bring the fire less than control.

According to him, the driver told him he felt a sudden warmth underneath his seat for this reason parked to check out what the fault was only for the bus to get started burning.

The hearth officer has in the meantime suggested drivers to generally make certain they have hearth extinguishers in their cars as initial support selection.

By Simon Atubugre|3information.com|Ghana

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *