Small business News of Monday, 28 Oct 2019
The Chartered Institute of Internet marketing, Ghana (CIMG) has sworn into office environment new Governing Council users for a two-calendar year period of time. The investiture ceremony was carried out by Her Ladyship Justice Rebecca N.S. Sittie, Justice of the Significant Court, at the Golden Tulip Resort in Accra last Friday.
The 17-member Governing Council has Dr Daniel Kasser Tee, a Senior Manager at Ecobank and Deputy Head of Advertising and marketing and Corporate Communications for Ecobank Ghana and Anglophone West Africa (AWA), as it truly is Countrywide President with Mrs Agnes Emefa Essah, Marketing and advertising & Profits Director/Guide, Nyaho Clinical Centre as the Countrywide Vice President.
Also inducted into business office have been Mr Franklin Sowa, Director of Advertising and Revenue, Graphic Communications Group as the National Secretary and Ms. Shirley Acquah-Harrison the CEO of Kwikbrand Ghana Limited as Nationwide Treasurer.
Supporting the Nationwide officers as Governing Council users are Mr Theodore Osae, Handling Director, NCR Ghana, Mr Kwasi Kyere, Commercial Supervisor, Ghacem, Mrs Annie Babah-Alargi, Managing Marketing consultant, Purchaser Issues Ltd, Mr Paul Yao Asafo, Head, Agency Schooling, Prudential Life Coverage, Mr Kojo Demanya, Head of Marketing and advertising, Rana Motors, Mr Emmanuel Neequaye, Internet marketing Marketing consultant and Promoting Lecturer, Simon Site University of Advertising, Ms Doris Adabasu Kuwornu, Director Enigma Pictures Ltd, Mrs Mary Asaa Ackuaku, Marketing and advertising Analyst, Barclays Bank Ltd and Mr Kojo Mattah, MD of ARB Apex Financial institution and fast past President.
The remaining 4 institutional reps drawn from selected Ministries and related Small business Associations are Olivia Opoku Adomah (Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Lifestyle), Mr Ebenezer Paul Adjirackor (Ministry of Trade and Industries), Mrs Grace Amey-Obeng (Affiliation of Ghana Industries) and Mr Fredrick Adu Amoako (Ghana Countrywide Chamber of Commerce and Industries).
In his acceptance speech on behalf of the new council, the President, Dr Kasser Tee stated “We humbly acknowledge the responsibilities that we are being entrusted with and, accordingly, make a solemn assure to provide and serve effectively. I would like to guarantee you of our commitment to function carefully to have additional our collective goal of constructing a feasible, vivid and dependable professional physique with countrywide and intercontinental recognition and acceptance.
In accomplishing this, we shall be guided by the Institute’s constitution and collective selections of users. The Institute’s major object of working as an independent autonomous qualified human body to set specifications and regulate the follow of marketing and advertising in Ghana will never be shed on us”.
He counseled the earlier Council, below the management of Mr Kojo Mattah, for their excellent operate, which he stated will be an inspiration to information the new workforce. He also paid out glorious tribute to all earlier presidents of the institute and confident members that the new team will collectively make sure that the aims of the CIMG are obtained. He restated his vision for the Institute, crafted close to a 7-point agenda as follows
1. Reinforce the Advocacy purpose of CIMG to endorse and affect government coverage on Internet marketing linked matters, significantly all those on consumerism and buyer rights.
2. Forge more robust Partnerships & Collaborations with the Media and related Community and Personal sector agencies, like international bodies, for cost-efficient execution of agreed programmes.
3. Intensify Education and whip up Membership Drive to strengthen retention and loyalty for associates, whilst encouraging marketing college students in all general public and personal establishments of discovering to see CIMG as an aspirational skilled overall body. We will start this by constructing branches at the regional levels, applying buildings at the Marketing Departments of existing public Universities and, significantly, Technical Universities.
4. Create and Maintain curiosity and excitement of the typical community all around the Marketing and advertising Occupation by means of Content Promoting and Considered Leadership programmes
5. Digitisation of Marketing Assignments will be crucial to us, and we require to appropriately stimulate the older technology of Entrepreneurs to adapt promptly to more recent trends, significantly in today’s entire world of ICT.
6. Introduce reforms that will completely transform the CIMG secretariat to function as a contemporary-day qualified entire body, comparable to its friends somewhere else close to the globe by leveraging technological innovation.
7. We will pursue relevant UN sustainable enhancement plans (SDGs) to appeal to worldwide awareness to what we do in this article in Ghana. Some SDGs that come to thoughts straight away are SDG 3: Good Health and Very well-remaining, SDG 4: High-quality Schooling, SDG 5: Gender Equality, SDG 10: Minimized Inequality, SDG 11: Sustainable Towns and Communities, SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Manufacturing, and SDG 17: Partnerships to realize the Target.
Dr Kasser Tee additional indicated that the desire of the CIMG to get started its personal local marketing and advertising exams was nonetheless on program and continues to be a crucial aim place for the incoming group. It is for this rationale that his workforce will passionately go after the passage of the Promoting Invoice, which is at the moment pending in Parliament.
“When handed into regulation, we will then have the requisite legal and point out backing to get started our nearby Marketing and advertising examinations and to established benchmarks for regulating the follow of Promoting in Ghana. This, we think, will be a huge contribution towards achieving the Ghana past help agenda, given that most folks can now purchase skilled Marketing qualifications suitable in this article in Ghana to permit them lead their quota equally in the community and private sectors of Ghana.
They will do so with no the want to fork out massive sums in overseas currencies to other nations, who will change all-around to give us support in its different kinds. We will receive nearby know-how, utilize same to address local marketing and advertising complications to advertise industrial growth that will in switch add meaningfully to the GDP of Ghana” he concluded.
The new president will come into this part with a value of practical experience, acquiring previously served in a variety of capacities underneath 4 diverse presidents over the earlier 16 years.
He is a Chartered Marketer, Accredited Job Communicator and a Fellow of the American Academy of Venture Management (FAAPM). Dr Kasser Tee also has a PhD in Enterprise Administration (Marketing), MBA in Job Management with in excess of two decades of doing work working experience in Banking and Insurance.
He is a going to Faculty at the National Banking College or university and Adjunct Lecturer at the Accra Institute of Technological know-how and Ghana University of Advertising and marketing.