The Venture Manager will want to make sure the challenge is providing on a variety of priorities in Ghana Wildlife Society, with a powerful emphasis on developing inner and exterior interactions with companions and stakeholders.
• The prospect must have robust technological abilities in pertinent elements of conservation and sustainable land-use administration and/ or sustainable agriculture, and have a potent established history of accomplishment in running big-scale sustainable development or conservation tasks, with requisite operational, task, grant and financial administration skills.
• Powerful leadership and persons administration expertise are critical to the position to make sure a skilled and inspired team that provides proficiently towards undertaking aims, objectives and timelines.
Job Title: Project Manager, SIBCI
Reporting to: Executive Director
Duty Article: 70% of time in Damongo and 30% of time in Accra
Crucial Relationships: The write-up-holder is envisioned to undertake a collaborative method and will function closely with GWS colleagues in Damongo and Accra, Wildlife Division employees, countrywide partners and other stakeholders on all features of his/her purpose. Vital external associations consist of Wildlife Division of the Forestry Fee, Nationwide Development Setting up Fee, Regional Coordinating Council, District Assemblies (West Gonja/Gonja, North/Mamprusi-Muaduri/Sawla-Tuna-Kalba and Wa East), Environmental Safety Agency, Ministry of Agriculture, NGOs and BirdLife Associates in Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire.
Dependable for: The Damongo Business and all challenge workers like the Job Coordinator and Challenge Coordination Groups of Partners, Project Finance and Administrative Officer, Checking and Analysis Expert, Communication Specialist Task Coordinators of Companions, local authorities and consultants as dictated by the project.
• Deal with the helpful implementation of the SIBCI Venture, coordinating and supporting the inputs
from consultants, industry and Spouse personnel.
• Manage and guidance our applying companions which include capacity making as essential.
• Stand for the SIBCI task in the Northern/Savannah and other locations, and control the task team based in Damongo/Accra.
Project Crew Administration:
• Give line administration to project personnel as necessary by way of purpose/focus on setting, ongoing performance administration, annual appraisal, ability strengthening and particular improvement arranging to ensure the effective and powerful shipping of the venture.
• Take care of venture inputs from relevant specialized and operational staff and employing partners in line with agreed task staff composition.
• Inspire a lifestyle of excellent communication and collaboration among the challenge team members. and amongst the task crew and staff at the GWS Nationwide Secretariat.
Venture Organizing & Implementation:
• Help job workforce associates to guarantee up-to-day workplans and budgets are in put to meet up with venture goals and timelines and be certain that the project is carried out in line with workplans and in just finances.
• Function with nearby companions and consultants, using into account GWS existing techniques and EU grant methods, and ensure ideal monitoring and evaluate procedures are fulfilled.
• Scout for supplementary human methods needed to assure timely and value-effective supply, which include the administration of consultants and other sub-contractors.
• Operate hand in hand with the M&E Professional to manage and develop processes for the helpful checking and evaluation of the project, guaranteeing timely adaptation as demanded to meet up with undertaking goals and timelines, and assist the dissemination of classes learnt.
• Coordinate the inputs from the Venture Steering Committee and the M&E expert in activities specified in the task M&E plan.
• Intently observe in-country developments that could influence the undertaking, and guarantee well timed conversation of challenges to suitable associates of the project staff.
• Make certain that great conversation is preserved with the task team and associates, and GWS Secretariat.
• Prepare venture narrative and economical reports, with assist from the Accounts Officer and GWS Finance Office and assure well timed and accurate specialized, operational and donor reporting.
• Function closely with the specified line supervisor to make sure inner and donor-pushed monitoring and evaluation demands for EU grant are achieved.
• Undertaking administration abilities with tested practical experience in implementation of significant-scale conservation/sustainable agriculture projects.
• Fantastic management and persons management competencies, with capability to motivate and take care of individuals to accomplish excellence.
• English language proficiency (written and oral).
• Tested capabilities in economic and funds administration with massive grants.
• Skill to strategy and think strategically in a complicated multi-stakeholder ecosystem.
• Solid technological techniques relating to conservation/sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes.
• Confirmed capability to collaborate successfully with associate organisations, like governments, NGOs, neighborhood teams and firms.
• Potent verbal interaction and diplomacy capabilities, with ability to current, negotiate and persuade at all concentrations with self confidence and reliability, together with supporting group engagement and relations with technical industry experts and authorities.
• Potent penned conversation expertise, like report and proposal composing.
Qualification Required & Working experience
• A Masters’ degree or equal qualification in a conservation/organic resource administration or suitable social/biological science industry.
• Robust, suitable encounter of managing conservation projects in the area.
• A sturdy technical track record and knowledge of a range of conservation difficulties, especially like protected space management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes, conservation financing.
• Proven knowledge of large-dimensions (above 1million Euros) venture implementation, such as monetary administration and administration.
• Monitor document in challenge growth and/or fundraising.
• Knowledge running groups to supply advanced projects.
• Knowledge functioning with associates, authorities institutions and communities.
Place: Accra & Damongo
How to Utilize
To use: • A covering letter conveying why you are making use of for the situation and relating to your practical experience and abilities to the roles indicated in the software pack (involve your income anticipations) in your include letter. • Whole CV and get hold of particulars for two referees E-mail your application to: [email protected] or deliver by hand to GWS addressing it to The Executive Director, Ghana Wildlife Society, P. O. Box 13252, Accra.
Closing Day: 22 January, 2020