Seven (7) persons have met their untimely death after they were electrocuted Amanfrom a farming community in the Asutifi South District of the Ahafo Region while 3 persons are in critical condition, Ghtimesonline.com can report.
The unfortunate incident which occurred on Friday evening May 14, 2021, after a heavy downpour has thrown the entire people of Amanfrom, family, and friends into a state of mourning and shock.
Kumasi-based Nhyira Fm’s Ahafo Regional Correspondent Sammy who narrates the unfortunate incident on Kukurantumi show hosted by Nana Kojo Juantuah monitored by Ghtimesonline.com said “Electricity pole which was behind the house collapsed on the house during the heavy downpour”
According to Sammy “When they realized that the electricity pole has collapsed on their house they tried to run away and they were electrocuted when they touched the burglar-proof gate of the main house”
“Seven (7) persons of them who were electrocuted were confirmed dead at the hospital while other three (3) persons are in critical condition responding to treatment at St. Elizabeth Hospital at Hwediem while the bodies of the deceased have been deposited at morgue” Sammy explained.
Over 100 people have been displaced in the community after the downpour.